Monday, October 13, 2008

School pictures...

Grace got her schools pictures back on Friday and she looked so cute and grown up...I cried. How sad is that? I mean, it was like the first day of school all over again...I am a sap! It's not like this was something new. She's been going to school nearly 2 months now. I take her to school and pick up her, I see her playing with friends and I help her with homework...but somehow seeing her picture, something tangible, made it all the more real. Ughghgh! I thought can't this thing called "time" just slow down just a bit? It seems like just yesterday she was toddling around and learning to talk...and now she's learning so much more. I guess what I'm saying is that I need to cherish all these moments, because before I know it - she'll be a "real" grown up and won't "need" me as much anymore.
I think I need another good cry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a childrens book that will make you cry but it fits right in with your post. It's called the lasts.

Emily said...

I'd love to read the book, bring it on over.