Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time goes by...

Here we are nearly in the middle of November and I am in amazed at how rapidly the time goes by. It was just a few months ago that my daughter started school and most recently the Presidential Elections...time needs to slow down. Period. Sometimes I find myself just going through my daily routine only to realize that a month has passed - what happened to that month? I want to enjoy every minute and it's hard when sometimes I'm so busy I can barely sleep. My mind is always going a million miles a minute. My children, my husband, work, housework, church, friends, life...etc. Last night I chatted with a friend on facebook with whom I haven't talked with since high school. She lost her brother a year ago in a tragic motorcycle accident. To say she is having a difficult time is an understatement. She is finding it hard just to live life day by day and to get on with it in a different capacity. What should she do now and how does she go about it? That got me to thinking - what can we as individuals do to live life daily to the fullest? Even if it's just a small change. A change that will eventually snowball into something grand. Any ideas? I just know that 1 yr, 5 yrs, 10 yrs and so on down the road I want to look back on my life and not wonder what I didn't do, but smile knowing I did what I could to make it wonderful for myself and my family. I don't want to wonder if I was a good friend, a good person, a good Mother...I will look back and KNOW that I was and did a fantastic job with this amazing gift called life!

No comments: