Sunday, December 28, 2008

Reflections...

I suppose I should be packing up my house since I'm moving this Thursday, but I really have no interest in tackling that hurdle at the moment. Instead, I've decided to reflect on the last year and appreciate all the blessings I do have. Let's see - where to begin..
First and foremost I have a very healthy and happy family. We had no emergency trips to the doctor or hospital. Grace started school this year and she absolutely loves it. As a matter of fact, we are on Christmas break and she is already asking when she gets to go back to school - she misses it. (I will remind her of this years from now when she wishes the breaks would last longer.) Tanner is growing like a weed- we are SOOOOO close to being 100% potty trained - I can feel it. Jed and I are doing well. Last week we celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary and we are happy together. That's not to say that our marriage is perfect - but we go by each day learning and growing together. I am so lucky to have him for a husband - I am not a easy person to live with (admittedly so) and he handles me just right...most of the time. Above all of that, we are both blessed with good employment, a means to take care of our family and their needs, and a solid roof over our head. Like I said before, we are moving on Thursday but that is a blessing as well. Everything has happened for a reason this year. Both good times and bad have been for the best. Along with all of that, we have an amazing support system of family and friends...without them we would be lost. They have been our soundingboard and our strength...there are no words to express our appreciation to them. Names don't have to be mentioned - because if you have blessed us with yourselves than you are included on that list.

So I am grateful for 2008, but so eager for 2009 because I know this next year is going to be just as good...possibly even better! Happy New Year one and all!

2 comments:

FitNotQuitJess said...

I didn't know you were moving! So sad! Good luck.

Emily said...

We only moved to building R. :)