Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm a moderate :)

I don't really consider myself to be a full fledge Republican and I am definitely not a Democrat, with that said I have voted Democrat if the person running shares my views. With the upcoming Presidential Election so close at hand and the issues that our country is facing - I've decided to blog my thoughts. I find it very frustrating that the presidential candidates are acting like school children rather than focusing on the problems that our country is suffering. Our beloved USA is in an economic crisis that hasn't been seen in decades. People are losing their jobs. The cost of gas is ridiculous. The price of groceries is astronomical! The housing market is in the gutter. It's horrific. I don't give a rats ars about if Obama smoked dope back when he was a kid ( we all make our mistakes and learn from them) and I don't give a crap if Palin's daughter is pregnant (her daughter slept with her boyfriend - shock and awe)....What I care about is how the next President is going to help mend the problems that our country is facing. What are his views on the energy crisis, taxes, the economy, etc. I want to know how he is going to repair our country and keep it safe. I'm tired of all the mud slinging between both parties. I'm tired of the lies and manipulations. I just want us all to work together for the common good. I want the United States of America to be a great and glorious country for my children and grandchildren. Is that so much to ask?
I think we (the USA) need to worry about our own country before we can try to fix another. Don't get me wrong, I know that other countries need help and we should give it, but we should CONCENTRATE on us. I believe in the war or rather the reasons why we're there. I support the troops 100%. I want our country to have respect from the World and yet give respect in return. I am proud to be an American and am willing to fight for the freedoms that I take for granted each and every day. There I said it. I take the fact that I was born here for granted - don't we all. We have a magnificent land that we call home...People immigrate here both legally and illegally to have what we share. Don't get me started on illegal immigrants. It frustrates me to no end. I will just say this one sentence and call it good....I am all for people from any country wanting to live here, however, if this is their dream to live in America - than they need to go through the proper channels to do so, just like everyone else. You don't have to agree with me. I'm fine with that. I stand by my views.
Okay, have I mentioned I am a person who speaks in tangents? I start on one topic and end up flying off on several others...but always come back to the original...Yeah baby! Okay, so I am a moderate. I am a registered Republican. I will vote this November not based on age, race, religion, or sex...I will vote for the candidate who shares my views. For the man who I believe will try the hardest to do what is right and repair our broken country. SO I ask this of you (those few who will read this)...I ask you to do the same. I ask you to vote for the candidate who you believe in your heart of hearts will do the best job. What more can we ask right?

2 comments:

Lori said...

My goodness girl!!! You are on a role!!

Ryan and Nikki said...

AMEN! I love this post. I am so tempted to do my own political rant. I am so fed up with it all. Well I commented on here so you could click on my name and see my blog to save it to your "favorites". I didn't want to have it posted on facebook